Neteller is an eWallet that can be used to make payments online. It first began back in 2001 and was, for a long time, one of the top online payment methods out there. And that’s on a global scale!
However, in 2008, Neteller actually removed itself from both the US and Canada, ceasing its services. Since then, it’s been hard for Canadians to use Neteller for making casino deposits. And, that’s not just an issue for Canadians, but for players in other countries around the world.
Setting up an account with Neteller is very easy. All you need to do is go to the Neteller home page and make a free account. To create the account, you simply need to fill in your details, including name, address, and banking details (i.e., where your funds will be coming from and going to). The great thing about this payment method is that the signup is incredibly swift. Once this is complete, it’s time to actually add funds to your account.
Deposit to a Neteller account
To make a deposit, all you need to do is link a bank account. You can then simply transfer funds to your Neteller account via a card or bank transfer.
Withdraw from a Neteller account
There are a number of withdrawal options available. You can take cash directly from the account via an ATM when you use your Net+ card. Alternatively, you can wire any funds in your account directly to your bank account and then withdraw from there. The final option is the slowest and uses a bank check, which gets sent to your home address.
So, what makes Neteller such a great option when playing online? Well, there are a number of important positives that come along with this payment method. Take a look at what makes this payment method both good and bad for online casino payments:
- Easy setup — it’s quick and easy, making it the ideal option for any level of player.
- High levels of security — provides a middle-man between your bank and the online casino so that you don’t share your details with the casino. It has high-level encryption protocols in place as well as an SSL to protect your privacy.
- Provides anonymity — due to the middle-man status, this payment affords you anonymity when making transactions online.
- Good withdrawal options — has many options for withdrawals, including the ability to use Net+, a prepaid Mastercard or a conventional card that can even be used to withdraw cash from an ATM.
- Not available to Canadians at this time.
- Fees applicable — when Neteller could be used at online casinos, Canadians would often be faced with a small 1 to 4% fee when making a withdrawal.
Regardless of whether you’ve found the best Neteller casino in Canada, unfortunately, you’re not going to be able to use the Neteller payment option. Some casinos still mislead Canadian players through clever wording that implies Neteller is still an option, but this is not the case.
For Canadians, Neteller is not an option at online casinos and therefore, another method should be found. Happily, there are a number of other, similar options, that can be used.
With Neteller out of the picture, there’s no need to worry. And that’s because the best Neteller online casinos also offer a range of different payment alternatives for Canadians to use. In fact, the best casinos that accept Neteller all accept other top payments as well, and that’s part of the reason why they’re the best!
So, what other options can you consider instead of Neteller? Well, here are some of the best options that work in a similar way:
- Interac — one of the most popular options in Canada and rarely seen outside the country, provides swift, secure payouts. The best Neteller casinos Canada has will offer this option to Canadian players, and to be honest, it’s our first choice anyway.
- Instadebit — popular in Canada, this is an eWallet that allows you to easily transfer money from your bank account into it. You can then use it to make withdrawals direct to your bank when needed. It’s one of the go-to payment methods for Canadians at online casinos.
- ecoPayz — this eWallet is a great option for Canadians as it’s accepted at a wide range of online casinos. It also offers fast, secure payouts, both when it comes to withdrawals and deposits.
- Skrill — one of the fastest-growing eWallets, is available at many online casinos. It too offers fast, secure payouts. The only downside is that bonuses are often denied to players who choose to use this as a payment method.
- PayPal — one of the world’s most popular eWallets, is also available to Canadian players. However, interestingly, it’s casinos that don’t always offer this option, and that’s not just to players from Canada — it really depends where the casino is licensed. It’s worth pointing out that some bonuses are not available when depositing with PayPal either.
There are a myriad of other options too, but if you’re looking for a fast, instant, eWallet style payment at Neteller casinos Canada, then these are the best options.
So there you have it! While Neteller is a great option for payments, it’s not available for Canadians at online casinos anymore. Happily, for you, there are a ton of other options that are as good, if not better.
And we’ve got a full list of the best Neteller casinos and the other payment options they provide right here!